agusman susandri, s.Pd
sman 3 lahat
Answer the following questions.
1. Do you have a diary?
2. What do people usually write in it?
3. What sort of advantages can people get from
4. Have you ever written your past experience in a
5. If yes, what was it about?
6. Write your short funy/sad experiences at least 30
Pay attention to the following diary. Answer the questions that follow.
August, 17th 2010
This morning Fitriani called me. I was surprised. Iwondered from whom she got my cell phone number.Confuse. Happy. Speechless. My heart beat faster when I heard her voice.
1. When did Andre write her diary above?
2. Who called him?
3. How did he feel when Fitriani called him?
4. Did he know where Fitriani got his number?
5. How is Andre’s feeling for Fitriani? Do you think he
You might have an
lately. Write it in your
diary. It will be so much
fun when you read what
you have written a few
Arrange the following sentences into the correct order.
Arrange them so they follow a logical time order.
Then use all the sentences to write the paragraph.
Akbar saved his money and spent two months travelling
around the world. He wrote his journey in his diary.
________ I spent a week in New York and then flew to London and enjoyed
several weeks in Europe.
________ When I had seen the sights in Europe, I took a trainto Istanbul and
visited many places in Asia.
________ First, I flew from his home in Mexico City to New York City.
________ After through Asia, I went to south America and finally back home
Study the following schedule. Write a paragraph that
telling past events based on the schedule. Remember
to begin with topic sentences.
Tuesday 08.30-9.00 greet new students
9.00-10.30 give test to new students
10.30-11.30 order new text books
11.30-12.00 make phone calls
12.00-1.00 have lunch with teachers
1.00-3.00 observe classes
Last week I had a busy schedule in my class. At 08.30, I
came in to the class and greeted the students. ….
TASK FOR X.2
HOW TO IMPROVE SPEAKING SKILL???
Complete the following sentences using the appropriate
words given in the box.
• headline • date
• caption • quotes
• the events • photograph
• introductory • ending statement
- The … of the newspaper is usually short, simple and catchy. This is soon
encourage readers to read the newspaper report.
- The … usually answers the questions ‘who’, what, when and where. If the
newspaper talks about more than one event, the most recent event is reported in this paragraph.
3. There is a series of short paragraphs that provides the details of …
4. The … tells us when the newspaper report appeared in the newspapers.
5. Sometimes, there is a … that shows who or what the newspaper report
6. The photograph in a newspaper is usually accompanied by a …
7. A news paper report may contain … that are comments made by people
involved in the event.
8. The newspaper report may end with an … or comment on the events
Paris is the capital city of France. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It is also one of the world’s most crowded cities. Lovely gardens and parks are found throughout Paris. At night, many palaces and statues are lit up. For this reason, Paris is often called the City of Light.
Every year, millions of people visit Paris. The most popular place to visit is the Eiffel Tower. This huge structure has become the symbol of Paris. The Louvre, one of the world’s largest art museums, draws many visitors. The Cathedral of Notre Dame, a famous church, is another favourite place to visit.
Taken from The World Book Student Discovery
Find the synonym of the following words in the text.
Then write your own sentences based on thesewords.
1. dense 6. visit
2. beautiful 7. popular
3. annually 8. famous
4. very large 9. largest
5. attract 10. Symbol
Sman 3 lahat
“Watch the movie”
Don’t forget to make a Note!!!!
Answer the questions based on the film
- Where does the story take place?
- How many peoples are involved in the Film?
- Describe the principal character from the actors/artists!
- Write the sentences that you remember from the film!
- Retell the film by your own words!
BASED ON THESE KEY WORDS
MAKE YOUR OWN SENTENCES
If I have some money I will buyA new car.
If I have a new car, I will go to Pagaralam
- Write a personal letter to your friend from other classroom
by using your computer.
- Save the letter in your Flashdisc and send it to your friend.
- Don’t forget to ask your friend to reply your letter in your flashdisc
- Write the conclusion of your friend letter